Friday 27 May 2011

Delilah meets Ka

Took Delilah out for her first outing on the bike rack on my new Ka.  We both survived ok.  It took me longer to get her strapped on safely than I managed time in the saddle!!

I love cycling but I'm finding it quite hard.  I don't feel confident going out on my own and am really scared of falling off at speed.  I've only fallen off once so far and that was onto grass.  But I know I need to TTFU and just get out there.

She needed a quick hose down when we got back and I have to apply some dry lube to her bits apparently (ooer!) but I'm learning about bike maintenance.  And other stuff, like liberally applying Vaseline ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I can understand that Ali - I'll be a wuss on the down hills too if I buy my bike! Bike maintenance - I forgot about that - grr!
    Glad you started a sporty blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on my bike for two years - after my incident. This summer though, I'll be back. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment :-)