Friday 19 August 2011

Moving forward



Thanks for all the lovely encouraging comments here and on FB.  I'm more upbeat about the whole injury thing now.  But two weeks of relative inactivity haven't been easy.  My appetite hasn't decreased unfortunately and I suspect I may end up looking like a sumo wrestler if I'm not careful.  If the weather was better I'd be happily munching my way through salad but when it's this cold my body is convinced it needs to lay down fat stores to get me through the winter!

But I'm keeping busy.  Knitting, quilting, gardening, reading (Chris Hoy autobiography) and there's always stuff to be done round this old house.  It looks like the housing market won't be improving any time soon so I need to prepare for another winter here. That will keep me occupied and out of mischief.

I've also found 4 teaching jobs within my speciality so I've been busy filling in application forms.  Surely one of them will come my way?  Fingers crossed and universe been asked.

I loved this quote Fi left on FB. "Success is not measured by heights attained but by obstacles overcome. We're going to pass through many obstacles in our lives: good days, bad days. But the successful person will overcome those obstacles and constantly move forward"  Bruce Jenner

I'm moving forward :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :-)